Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Is there any way a person can get out of the "Buddy", "Amigo" or "Friend" Zone?"

Sometimes I have to laugh.  I posted a question on facebook yesterday and the reactions were informative.  The question was: "Is there any way a person can get out of the "Buddy", "Amigo" or "Friend" Zone?"  Many responses and the reality is that the question was not for me.

I mean, I asked that question for two reasons, 1. I wanted to get a good conversation going. ( It's been a while!) 2. A friend asked me and I didn't have the answer for him.  I had to pose the question as if it were mine because if he did it, the girl would know.

For some reason, I like doing these things for my friends.  Even though I probably put myself in situations with others, I often find myself having to explain.  Like I'm doing now.  The responses were great but it didn't help him.  He lost her as a friend because he is too embarrassed to be around her.


What's worse is that I believe someone misconstrued OUR friendship because she probably read the question and thought it was her.  I hope that was not the case but nevertheless, I have to make sure she knows it wasn't her.


Most people that know me, know that I am now getting used to being alone.  I am enjoying it immensely.  I am now definitely sure that I am not ready for a relationship.  Many of my friends agree to that even tho I am separated for the last 2 1/2 years.


The truth of the matter is that I am lacking in "Physical" communications (Wink Wink!) but other than that, I'm great!  With the help of a few of my close friends, I've been able to take back what my ex-wife took from me.  My self-esteem and I'm happier for it.


I'm ready to move on with my play by making it first to a indie film and I am still raising my kids which, coincidentally, would probably be a factor in me dating someone.  You know, "baggage" and all.  Admittedly, there are a few facebook friends that I would like to get to know a little better but I know it would be harder to work out.


I keep it simple and usually wait for the woman to flirt or make her move therefore giving me the option of "yes" or "no".  It may sound a little vain but when it comes to rejection, I can get depressed and I've had it being in that state of mind.  I'm done with that.


To those that read my blog.  I appreciate you reading it and getting to know me more than the others that don't read it.  I enjoy writing it when I can and I will continue to do so.  I want to finish by saying that, usually, my private life is just that "Private".  I hope when "It" finally happens  I will be able to keep it between the woman and myself.


LOL.....Any takers?  


x

No comments:

Post a Comment