Thursday, July 11, 2013

I haven't been on in a while.  Been a little busy with some other projects but I will say something today.  Don't know what but will attempt to have a spot of conversation today.
Having lived 46 years and seen many things and situations of life, I have found that you cannot, truly, rely on family.  the people of my generation know the saying, "You don't take sides against the family", intimately.
I believe that so much.  The problem is that family in this day and age don't understand the terms "Loyalty" and "Blood".
I have always thought that I will go to back for anyone of my family members unless it is against my children in which case I will ALWAYS be on my children's side, be them right or wrong.
When they are old enough to make decisions for themselves, I will still be on their sides supporting them in whatever they decide to do.
Often times, family does disappoint you.  i have many friends today that are going through the same problem and have expressed it on social media.  Friends, I understand your pain.  Is there anything we can do about this trend that has arisen after so many years?
The only major family bickering that I can recall would be Cain and Abel. I'm sure there have been some after but the bottom line is, you don't go against the family.
Just recently, I had a family member, not only go against my 10 year old daughter, she made it about herself and she wasn't even near the problem.  Today she thinks that nothing happened but wonders why my daughter doesn't want to talk to her.
Instead of protecting my daughter and saving a potentially long life relationship from breaking apart, she addressed the issue as to say it was happening to her too.
The grown-ups of the situation that happened made a mountain out of a mole hill.  that's okay, they can react any way they want.  When it comes to my daughter, I am the one that will defend her with my life!  I expect the family to come thru for them too.  I mean, if they can't be there for my kids as well, who do my kids have?  their mom in literally 3000 miles away with her new husband.
Anyway, I figured I'd vent just a touch.  I guess what I'm basically trying to say is that I will commit murder for my children.  And that the lesson here is simple, "Do it on your own and don't leave it up to family.  they will always look out for what's the best interest for them". Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment