Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Morals and Values

You know, all my life I have tried to enact the morals and values my grandfather has instilled in me.  I believe it was important that I perfect these priceless gestures so that it just come out instinctively and naturally.

These are the same morals and values that I want my children to pick up as well.  They need to be great humans in a society that rarely shows its emotions on its sleeve.  I know I have done well so far and I believe that once they are on their own, they will conquer any obstacles while feeling good about themselves and where they came from.

I bring the subject up because I feel that I've been doing all of this for nothing.  All it takes is one selfish, self-centered, manipulative person to change your views or, at the least, change your heart for the worse.

Sometimes I feel that what I have learned was a waste of time and energy.  That the promises that were made were made with fingers crossed behind their backs.  It's an unfortunate circumstance but the truth is the truth.

I can only speak for myself but I am sure that there are others that can feel my grief.  Others that have been abused because they are generous and loyal.  I will, however, be representing myself.

I'm at a point in my life that I should be able to identify any/every attempt at me to make my life hell.  The question that always comes up is, What did I do to deserve this?  I always end up with the answer that God does things for a reason.

After all the lessons, teachings and disciplines regarding my morels and values, I am disappointed.  My Grandfather, may he rest in peace, is probably shaking his head right about now. 

I look at myself in the mirror and all I see is FAT.  Unfortunately it is true.  I will not, however, allow my weight to define me.  I am a great person.  I am intelligent, experienced, artistic and so forth.  

I know that any woman that sees beyond the look, will truly see what a great catch I am. This woman will also wonder why my previous relationship didn't work.  She will come to the conclusion that my ex-wife left a great family.

That alone will be karma enough but I want more.  I want full remorse.  I want to know why?  It's been a question that has been looming on the back burner and I believe it needs to be answered.

Was I not enough of a  gentleman to her?  Could I have done more to fight for the relationship?  Should I have treated her like shit to save our marriage?  I know the latter is absurd but I feel that some women need to be treated badly and if that's the case, I would still be single because I am not like that.

After thinking about it, I know I did right by her.  I also know that Karma works in mysterious ways.  I believe it so therefore it's inevitable.  I'm glad I have this blog.  It sounds different when it's written out.  I will continue being me.  God will take care of the rest for me.

1 comment:

  1. Ken sometimes its not what we did our didn't do in a relationship. It could I'd been just one simple thing that you will never know the answer to that made her walk away or nothing at all. I've been waiting for an answer for 8 yrs from my ex. I feel that they know their faults & aren't willing to admit it. My case i was i hide very well from society how unhappy i was. My mother,RIP, knew the truth & God.Trust me someday you will find someone. I've been alone for 8 yrs & while its not easy I do it mainly for girls. But because i was lied to for 15 yrs. Dios tiene alguien para ti amigo.

    ReplyDelete