Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting Over

I've got to say, I think I've been feeling a little better about things.  I'm not missing that person at all.  Although things have gotten tough here and there, I know God has paved a new road for me and I will achieve some sort of joy and happiness in my life.

The lesson I learned about my situation is that I can't control any one's action except my own.  i know, i know, I should have known that from the start but I felt like I knew what i was doing.  When in a relationship, after a while it becomes symbiotic. 

A life where one has a hard time surviving if the other isn't attached.  It makes you a bigger person once the other becomes a leech and starts to drain the life out of you.  Doing stupid things that are both disloyal and disrespectful.

I've been told by some of my closest friends/family to "Snap out of it!"  My usual response was "It's easier said than done."  I know most of you can relate to this but I couldn't.  It was harder than it looks.  I've been blessed.  The storm has completely passed me and I'm looking forward to just being me again.

During the last 5 years, I have lost friend, friendships and a good amount of trust.  Although I feel I had nothing to do with the reasons for my losses, I will take responsibility, if any.  I could have been nicer, could have gone out more, could have let people vent etc.....  

The coulda, shoulda, wouldas are in the past and I really don't want to deal with them now.  What I'm basically saying people is that, I've grown since all this has happened, I may revert a bit every once in a while but I think that I have every right do do that. 

To all that read this, Please have faith that I will be better and I thank all of you that were there when I needed you the most.  Even in the smallest of ways.  That smile that you made me do for telling that stupid joke or even that response to a comment I made.  I know you are there.

To those that like to INFLICT there "Tough Love" on me.  Well, you obviously know that I need it and are not afraid to accept my responses to them as well.  Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. And can I here a Hallelujah!!!! and a Amen!
    Good for you Ken... glad you are finally seeing the light and letting go... and don't worry about venting every so often... cause Ill be here to give you tough love if it gets out of hand... Now to bigger and better things : ) My 2 cents worth as always (KIM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you mi amigo...you are a great person and deserves on but good things. God bless you.
    With love
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ken ken that was hype! glad were friends lindo<3 cynthia ila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know you got it out your system. And we are all human being we always need to vent once in a while. Believe me there will be someone out there for. Take care now enjoy being you like always. Maria aka the quiet one.

    ReplyDelete