Thursday, August 25, 2011

Outsourcing Petition.

Hey Everybody!  The other day, in fact, the day of the earthquake, I was going to a meeting and I noticed that the meeting place was by Congresswoman Nydia M. Velasquez's office.  The funny thing about this is that the only song that came to my mind was from the Saturday morning educational cartoons Schoolhouse rock's "I'm only a bill".

I've been teaching my daughter that if she has problem with a business or anything for that matter that she feels is unjust, she could do something about it.  For instance, We had a terrible time at the movie theatre so we complained about our experience at the theatre and we were given 6 free movie vouchers for our discomfort.

We had a problem at a few McDonalds regarding their McFlurry machines and a few attitudes behind the counter and we complained.  They sent us a couple of coupons for free ice cream and coffee drinks.  Then they fixed the problem.  I'm explaining all this because I know that if you know what you are doing, one persons opinion can change anything.

In following what I had learned from the cartoon, I know that a law has to begin with a bill proposed by a congressperson.  Well, I took my daughter in to the office and explained that I am a constituent and that I've written many letters but nothing has even been acknowledged.

They gave me a new e-mail to send it and it will be reviewed.  I would love for those that read the following to comment as much as they want and pass the word so that our Congresswoman can see we are tired of the Bullshit.

I've always believed that charity begins at home.  If we can't support ourselves, why would we support others.  Outsourcing has become such an American Tradition that over 50% of American base companies are hiring others outside because the hourly rates are cheaper.

When we do this, we show our own family that we don't care about each other.  The unemployment rate rises with no hope of diminishing because everyone else outside the USA has our jobs.  What I don't understand is that if we are the main consumers of a product/service here, why not hire within?

I know that the rates are cheaper let's say like in India but I'm pretty sure the government can grant, if they haven't already, special tax breaks for companies that employ Americans.  No offense to their countries but I'm getting tired of talking to people that call themselves Meg when in reality their name is Indira.

That's beginning a conversation with a lie.  How much confidence do I now have with a woman that lied to me already.  I'm writing a letter to my congresswoman and attaching this link to the letter.  I want her to see that we actually do care and we will do anything it takes to make a law that prohibits outsourcing for companies that are either based in America or has Americans buying/using the majority of their products.

If you feel that outsourcing is wrong, please comment and leave your name even if you have to use the anonymous function.  Let Ms. Velasquez know that we are American Citizens and we need jobs.
Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. If you wanna pay a thousand dollars for a pair of jeans then keep all the jobs in america. The truth is that americans are spoiled when it comes to work. they want to make the most money but do the least amount of work. i manage 75 people that gripe about every assignment they get. they either have no time or they refuse to work over time. give me 25 hard working mexicans and they'll do the same job for less. outsourcing makes financial sense if we don't outsource no one in america will be ale to afford goods or even groceries unless they were well off and more than half of this country is not well off and i don't mean rich either i mean able to make it through the month without worry. outsourcing worksespecially when you have to pay a person $15. to make a 5 dollar pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I stop going to MC Donald for that same reason. The attitudes of some of those employees get me sick. When I go I'm already thinking here I go about to get tough with one of these attitude that thinks they know it all. So to avoid all that I rather not go, But if I go with my kids and they get loose in front of my kids it's on..

    ReplyDelete