Sunday, May 22, 2011

Muppets

Growing up, one of the few enjoyments I had in my life were the muppets.  Since they were on during primetime, I had to plead and beg to stay up one hour later to see them.  I was so happy when they moved to 7:30 pm and I can watch them every day.  My favorite, believe it or not, is not Ralph the Pianist but rather Animal the drummer.  He and I have a very similiar taste in women.  We love all women!!!  

The two old men had me rolling when I was a little older and I believe that I learn most of my sarcasm and ability to joke on people from them.  I learned tolerance from Kermits relationship with Ms. Piggy which actually helped me tolerate most of my ex-wife's nonsense.  I grew interest in music from Ralph on the piano and my patriotism came from Sam the "Eagle".  I learned how to "hustle" from Rizzo the rat and I finally learned not to give a shit form "Pepe the Prawn".  Funny stuff.

My most favorite scene in sesame street would have to be the one where Grover is teaching the children "Near and Far".  I still crack up when I see that clip.  I had to download it for my archives.  (Still have a smile on my face from just thinking about it)  It's hard to believe that all these years have passed by and nothing new has come from the muppets.  I'm actually glad that they stayed the way they are and haven't been computer animated or "Improved" to look worse.  I'm proud to show my daughter these scenes because they mean a lot to me and I know she appreciates all that they have to teach.

I would like to know, who was your favorite muppet and why?

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Piggy was the woman!! Loved her! She was such a diva and a biatch! Sorta like me! Lmao...she was such a nut about kermit. Poor Kermit.

    ReplyDelete