Friday, July 8, 2011

Advice given is not always advice Taken.

I shouldn't even be talking about this.  I'm the first one not to take advice.  Well, that's not true.  I like to look at other people situations and learn from their mistakes as well as mine.  I have learned to appreciate other people's experiences and have used them to my advantage.

I just don't understand how people can ask for advice, be it directly or indirectly, and not take heed to any of it.  Not even a small portion.  In FB there's a member of my group that is in a very bad situation.  She is in a financially restrained, abusive, disrespectful relationship and feels that she has to be there.  As if there is no way out.

Most of the members in my group have given her excellent advise but she will not take it due to the fact that she will not leave her pets behind.  Me, personally, sorry to say, but the pets have to stay.  At least until I would get situated and If I had to go to court for them I would.  Maybe leave them with a friend until then?

There was a time when I wasn't listening to my friends either.  In fact, it was a party at my house.  A pity party and the only one attending was me.  My friends refused to feel sorry for me because they all new it would get better someday.  I thank them for that.

I just want people to know that Life's lessons don't come cheap.  Especially to those that have wronged you.  Again, Karma.  So, If you ask for advice and don't heed, not even the smallest part of it, then don't ask and don't expect things to change for you.  I'm pretty sure some of them loved responding but I have to be tough here.  NO ONE will be feeling sorry for you or will come and sweep you off your feet out of that hell hole.  Sorry.  just saying....

1 comment:

  1. (Kim) The one thing I learned in the past year... NO ONE CAN FIX ME and NO ONE CAN MAKE ME HAPPY... Meaning I need to fix me and I need to make myself happy... All the advice in the world means shit until you are willing to change and help yourself... You have to want it then you can be open for help and advice. Just my 2 cents : )

    ReplyDelete