Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Sermon

The last time I went to Therapy, I was reminded of how I believe God works.  It was shown in the movie "Evan Almighty".  The scene where God, played by Morgan Freeman as a waiter/busboy, asks Evan's wife if when praying to God for Patience, does he give it or does he allow you to find and use it?  Something like that.

I believe that God gave us free will so that we can, of course, make up our own mind in our life.  He is there to support us.  If someone asks for strength, God reminds us that it's already within us.  If we ask him for Patience, he sits back and blesses us with knowledge to acknowledge the patience within us.

God, in his Almighty wisdom, allows things to happen in our lives so that we may learn and become better people from it.  Sometimes, when you are not seeking him too much, things happen where you may find yourself praying everyday.  Having full conversations with our Lord.

The enemy will tempt us always.  It is up to us to decide what is best for us and what is not.  It is very difficult sometimes to make the right decision but it has to be done.  God is always taking care of us so when you find yourself down, know that God is right next to you holding your hand.  Carrying you over the threshold of what is a problem.

The storm may come and go but God is with us always.  I have learned that I cannot feel sorry for myself because God loves me.  Unconditionally.  It's a love that can be felt, heard, spoken.  So, to my friends that are having some sort of crisis today or anytime, please understand that 1. there is a lesson to be learned. 2. God is ALWAYS by your side. and 3. In the end, like Bob Marley said, "Everything will be alright!"

I rarely say this to anyone so please take it for what it is:  I Love You guys!!!!  Enjoy your day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your inspiring words and the gift of your friendship. As long as we have faith and God in our hearts I truly do believe that everything will be alright. I feel truly blessed that I through my own free will and God's guidance have made it a point to surround myself around family and friends who are a reflection of God's Love. These are my angels on Earth who walk beside me during the storms. God bless and I look forward to hopefully seeing you at the September reunion. ~Dee Soto

    ReplyDelete