Friday, July 1, 2011

Friends?

As I watched the recorded TV show, "So you think you can dance"  I was reminded of a special set of circumstances from years ago.  They did a dance where the male got left at the alter and his best friend, the female, came and picked him up out of it and then ended up falling in love.

It was beautiful.  Brought back many memories.  Not of my present situation but rather a friend I had in the past.  She is beautiful, smart and funny.  Everything I look for in a woman.  I opened my heart to her but she felt that we would ruin our special friendship if we were to further evolve into a couple.

I had always thought that I would marry my best friend.  Ever since I was a young laddie and didn't know what love was.  Years passed and she went her separate way and I went mine.  We still keep in touch but we have our own lives to lead.  It's one of the few regrets I have in my life.

I bring this up because I notice that there are many people around me and on social networks that are looking for love.  You may be surprised.  It could actually be right in front of you in the form of a friend, someone you like chatting with, or even someone you look for on facebook.

I say please don't rule out any possibilities just because you are hurt or have been deceived.  Things happen for a reason and I believe if a door closes a window opens ever so slightly but its open.  If I would ever notice the opportunity again, I will take it.  Life's too short to be saying what if?

To the girl that I've loved before, I miss you.  I still love you but I respect your situation.  Just remember, you will always have family with me!!!! 

Thanks For listening!!  wow!!  longtime coming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment