Thursday, July 21, 2011

WTF I have the right to ask!!

So, today I get up before my usual time so that I can take the opportunity to bath in cool water.  I mean, the boys needed the cooling down!  LOL  Anyway, I know TMI, get over it!  LOL  Anyway, as I'm getting out I wake up my kids so that they can start their day off right.

Since my daughter has a trip to Mountain Creek Water Park, I decided to go through the rules of safety with her.  You can never be too sure and not do the rules!  As I'm going thru the rules, she tells me of a situation that happened last week at the other trip to "Adventure land".

Apparently, her counselor left her and her camp buddy on a ride and went to another.  When she was done, she had to look for him and panicked a little.  She felt better after finding him but I feel he shouldn't have let them alone to begin with.

So of course, this upsets me a little and I have to bring it up to the program director like I believe a good parent would.  When the Program Director finally got the the site this morning, I approached him, said Good Morning and went on to tell him what my daughter had said.

Don't you know he got offended!  He felt that I was constantly questioning his professionalism.  Now, for you guys that know me, I backed up a little and I did something that I rarely do.  I composed myself and answered him as calm and cool as I possibly can.

I told him that I didn't mean to offend but that my daughters safety is the most important thing.  He said that if I had a problem with last weeks trip, I should have brought it up last week right away.  I went on and explained that I just heard it this morning and If I had heard it last week I would have said something LAST WEEK.

He calmed to down when I told him, simply, if it ever came to a point where I had to choose my daughter or him, he would lose.  It upset me because he didn't have to go there.  I mean, isn't it my right to question my daughters caretaker?  Even if its the smallest detail./  It's his job to reassure me that my daughter will be okay as many times as I ask.

That's how I felt.  I should have broke on him but I didn't.  I have a friend who is a senior camp counselor there and asked her to keep a small eye on my daughter just in case.  She has been thru too much with the abandonment, she shouldn't have to go thru more with people that are getting paid to take care of her!!!!

My friends, should I approach this again in a business like environment or should I just let his attitude go? 

2 comments:

  1. You know this sooooooo pisses me off... Ken you did the right thing... WTF is wrong with people... I tell you if you don't say anything you're a bad parent... if you say something you're a trouble maker.

    I'm not a crazy parent and I am always polite (well until politeness doesn't work) I choose my battles... I don't just start shit and complain about stupid stuff... when it comes to my child's safety and emotional, physical and mental health your DAMN STRAIGHT Im going to question it...

    Ok... Deep Breath... that is my child and your damn straight charlie Im going to question it and get to the bottom of it... My children are the most important thing to me and I will bitch slap, fuck you up (excuse my French.. but Im pissed right now)and get in your face if anyone does something to harm my child weather physically, emotional, mentally or any other way... God help you (or any other entity you do or dont believe in)... OMG Ken I want to really go there and slap this person upside the head. Then people wondered why I use to go on all the camp trips when my kids went to camp when they were young... I dont trust anyone...

    What gets me even more pissed is their attitude... they have the nerve to make you the bad person... they are like well then why do you send them to camp, your to over protective, nothing happened so why you making a big deal... then when something does happen they are like we didn't know... why didn't you say something... At the end of the day Ken all it is to these people is your child is $$$$$... sad but true... Ok... Im going to go have a cup of coffee now to calm my nerves... as always my 2 cents (KIM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. M'man, you were so in "The Right", handlIng that situation the way u did! Sure, being in charge of some 50-100 kids' safety during any setting that requires supervising them is going to be sticky for those involved in the doing. However, the time for him to have stepped back & realize that he was ailing to a concerned parent (and not a checkbook!) was the minute he heard u say "Good Morning!" Be the "bigger" adult in this equation & let it go...for now. If he handles himself in an equally ignorant manner next time, then u break your foot in his ass, lol!

    ReplyDelete