Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An afternoon at the movies

Ladies and Gentlemen, I cannot believe the amount of money I dropped today taking my children to see Kung fu Panda 2 in 3D!  I had to blog because I needed a way to vent!!!  $32.00 for admission and $47.00 for snacks.

And it wasn't a lot of snacks either! Nachos, popcorn a slushie and mini franks!   What the hell is going on with the movie industry.  I remember going to Essex street theatre and paying $3.00.  I now know why people are buying the bootleg versions.  It's only $5.00 and you can eat whatever you want in the comfort of your own home.

Even better, times square may have been cheesy and dirty but where else could you have gone to see a Bruce Lee marathon for $3.00?  The floors are sticky and most of the seats didn't work but you see a great movie and when you're finished, you get to go outside and take a Polaroid in front of one of those cheesy pictures drawn on a blanket, in graffiti no less!

I'm happy to take my kids to the movies but there has to be a way to enjoy one movie without losing an arm and leg.  50c to play Galaxia.  C'mon people!  I think they we should form some sort of boycott.   Tell you something else.  There is no movie worth seeing at the theatre anymore.  At least I know it'll come on HBO or cable within 6 months of it's out of the theatre.

I'm just saying.  The food was not worth a penny but I assure you.  It's not happening again.  It's upsetting that my children will have to wait or go with someone else, but I have to stand on principal!

1 comment: