Saturday, June 18, 2011

Old Friends

Today I went to a gathering at the FDR drive's Amphitheater.  I wasn't planning to go but after cleaning up my house a bit, I set out to go and I did.  I was happy I did.  It seemed like forever but I saw an old friend after 14 years.

There are a few people in this world that do not like social networks or even e-mails.  I don't blame them.  In a way, I've heard stories about Facebook causing marriages to break up and contributing to the divorce rate going higher.

I, for one, can confirm that it is the cause of at least one marriage breakup.  I won't get into the details because it is difficult for me but yes it's true.  Anyway, my friend doesn't like them and therefore ended practically being in the witness protection program!  Disappears from the face of the earth without Any contact.

I must say I missed him but it felt like I just saw him yesterday.  Doesn't change,  He looks good and he's obviously happy.  I'm happy for him.  I just hope that now he keeps in touch!  I also saw many other friends that I know from the neighborhood and those that read this off of facebook can see the new album I uploaded.  I haven't felt that good in a long time.  I guess you can say a ray of sunshine in the midst of a storm. 

It just basically tells me that I will be okay.  I have come to realize that you can't put a monetary value on what I experienced today.  Wow.  I hope we can do it again real soon.  For those that read this and know me, it's a rarity that I go out like that but I did and thank you guys for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment