Saturday, June 11, 2011

Religion (Again)

Why is it so difficult for someone who is deep into religion to accept other people's opinions and move on with their life?  I was taught at a young age to never debate religion or politics.  I understand why but sometimes I'm teased to the point of argument!  So, this is my point!

I'm 44 years old and I've done my time (religious time!)  I was an alter boy for 5 years of my life and I know the Catholic masses backwards and forwards, inside and out, up and down.  I've learned that going to mass on Sunday, to me, is a waste of time.  How is repeating the same thing over and over again praising our Lord?

To add to my religious background, I went to catholic school for 8 years.  Of course, back then, they were deep into religious studies.  If you weren't Catholic, you weren't allowed to go to school there.  We had nuns, friars, Brothers and priests.  If you look at my first grade class picture, you can see what I was talking about.

Anyway, I, as an individual, have come to a place in my heart where only God dwells in.  A place where pure loves resides and the knowledge of truth is always is the air.  I know my bible and can defend myself, if need be, with it.  I don't push my beliefs on others because, in following the golden rule, I don't want it done to me.  I'm NOT embarrassed of my Lord.  If people want to hear it from me, they will ask.

If you want to debate religion with me, don't get upset if I make a point that you don't agree with but is true.  Everyone has their own relationship with God.  Some are closer than others but it's not your job to bring them to where you are at.  The bible says that our body is a temple.  Okay, so when I pray to God and speak to him daily, I am in church.  My church. 

Some of you on facebook, have read my prayers and know that I am sincere.  I pray for all to see and appreciate the fact that you can comment or not.  Accept or accept not.  But I'm pretty sure that God doesn't want you to praise him and not be happy about it!  If I'm happier praising and loving him my way and showing the world that I'm not such a bad guy, then let me be. 

There is no wrong way to interpret the bible.  Each, as an individual, can do it on their own.  We may not see things equally but the word is still there.  And the word is Love.  Besides, the bible does teach us NOT to interpret it anyway.  Look, I may be venting a little, but you want a debate, I am glad to comply, the only difference is I'm doing it with an open mind, can you?

1 comment:

  1. Cool your finding your own way. It's when your going through your own darkness when you create your own light. Some call that finding God.

    ReplyDelete