Friday, June 3, 2011

Better Education?

This morning I went to get breakfast at a local Dominican restaurant.  I know them well and I ask about the family.  The lady there tells me she sent her daughter to DR for school because she was always getting sick here in NY. 

I found that very curious.  I told her, "No offense, but aren't the schools here better than the ones in DR?"  Her response kind of threw me off.  She said that the schools in DR are much better than the ones here.  In fact, she actually looked agitated that I had the balls to say that!  LOL

I can only reference schools in Puerto Rico to the ones here.  I know that when students from PR come to NY to finish school, they are usually placed one grade back.  It may be a language thing but the schools in PR are primarily english now.  Yes, even in the mountain redneck areas!  LOL.

Maybe it's my American pride but I highly doubt that the schools are BETTER in DR than here.  I know many families that come to NY specifically for that.  It's not about money, I know that, I think it's just a long tradition of education and its practices.  Please, If you know differently, let me know.  I think, however, that I would have to see it for myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment