Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Classic Comedians

This morning my son woke up and asked me if I knew that Larry the cable guy was the voice of Maynard in the movies "Cars".  I said yes I knew.  My daughter, however, didn't know who he was so she asked him.  He said that he was  an old comedian that has been around forever.

I turned to him and said "What are you talking about, forever?"  He said yeah, he first came out about 10 years ago.  I was taken a back to that.  I couldn't believe that my son thought "Larry the cable guy" was a classic comedian.

I asked him if he knew who Bob hope  was.  He said no.  I asked him if he knew who Jerry Lewis was.  He sad no.  I went on to name others like Milton Berle, Dean Martin, Soupy sales and he didn't know any of them.  What is this world coming to when Larry is a classic comedian?

I guess since I was raised by my grandfather, I looked forward to watching Bob Hope movies and Jerry Lewis and so forth every Sunday morning.  That was classic slapstick comedy and they can never be replaced no matter how hard anyone tries.  Good clean fun.  Mysterious chases.  They made monsters people to!

Today's comedians only talked about sex and how the left testicle is mad at the right for living next to an asshole!  Every 5th word is a curse word.  I'm so happy I introduced Lucille Ball in "I Love Lucy" to my daughter who laughs uncontrollably whenever she sees the episodes.  The hallmark channel brings her back.

SMH!  I guess I'm going to have to take out some of my movies and sit his ass down to watch them!  Most of all, I love my Danny Kaye movies.  His style and mannerisms are the best and have NEVER been duplicated.  God bless them all.  They're probably hanging out all up there wondering at what point did it all go wrong!  I know many of you feel the same way. 

Please don't deprive your children of the classics just because they're in black and white or whatever.  I'm sure they'll be better people as adults for it!   thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment