Monday, June 6, 2011

My Character

Last night, I was feeling kind of low.  Maybe a little relapse into some depression.  Anyway, A friend of mine asked me to call her and we had a great conversation.  Finally, an adult conversation about life and its situations.  She helped me feel better.  I guess that's what friends are for!

As usual, in a very friendly fashion, she explained that I can be very hard to deal with.  She states that I have a strong character and that I rarely can compromise with certain subjects/people.  I agreed with her to a certain extent.  I've always been very NON-confrontational, the problem is that when I'm right, I'm right! 

LOL.  I don't want to think of it as a bad thing but rather I feel that I can help others see where they are wrong.  I know that sometimes I don't see where I am wrong and that is a fault but when I realize it, I admit it and move on.

I think it serves me well as a self defense mechanism.  It allows me to deal with people that, well, just don't understand.  The people that know me know that I'm coming from a good place.  A place of honesty, love and trust.  I don't comment because I want to be an asshole but rather to make life a little more interesting. 

Honestly, sometimes i don't give a shit.  Some friends talk out of their asses and yet I compromise.  I guess I've valued my friendly relationships on a high level and those that don't value it that high, I wouldn't be able to call friends.

I enjoy a good debate every once in a while.  More often than not and I appreciate the fact that people don't take it personally and can move on.  You have, however, those that think you're a fucked up person simply because you don't agree with them.

Agreeing to disagree has become a habit of mine so that people don't go to bed angry.  I must admit, some of you guys are more hardheaded than me.  Remember, its an opinion.  There is no right or wrong, just the public view, as well as, your personal view.

I'm proud to have a strong character.  It allows me to have a certain type of friend around me.  If I ever get into another relationship, highly doubtful, but if I do, that person would get over me quickly.  Another flaw of mine.  Giving of myself 100% to the person that I love.

To those that I consider close friends and know me well.  Know that I love you guys and that I will be there when you need me.  To those that are somewhat my friends, (Friends by situation) I got love for you too.  Just not that much!  LOL.

Enjoy your day everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment